Fully Forming: Practice Your Relationship With God
Available on Amazon HERE
Download a PDF free HERE
On December 9, 2019, I finished writing the last day
of this study – Celebration, Conclusion Day 2. It was a spiritual experience.
God spoke to me and moved to me in a powerful way. I felt like He promised me
that this would be a powerful tool in the lives of many of His disciples. I
know that promise is true for me. The very same night I finished writing this
study I got word that my brother, Justin, had suddenly died of a heart attack.
He was 42.
The words I wrote for the last month of this study –
the month of Celebration – hold me captive. Like a glass holds the water
captive, preventing it from collapsing into a formless puddle. The Holy Spirit
abides in those words for me, holding me captive to His truth. He had been
preparing me for this tragedy. I don’t know why He didn’t just prevent the
heart attack, but He is Lord. I trust Him. And I cannot read the words of that
month without tears. I still mourn my brother’s death, but I also see God’s
providence, mercy, grace, and guidance. Many of the lessons I wrote about for
that month were new for me, and I learned and wrote them in the weeks leading
up to Justin’s death. They still lead me as I process through losing him.
This study ministers to me even today as I continue to
work through the loss of Justin. It leads me to mourn and lament in celebration
of God, and it assures me that Justin is safe in the Hands of the God who looks
after His children.
I pray that this study, or practice, or book, or
whatever it is…
I pray that it will be as meaningful to your walk with
God as it has been to mine.

Comments
Post a Comment